Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware  (ohp@pyrenet.fr)
Список pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm.  It looks to me like the compiler is getting confused by the
>> interaction between nodeno, leftnodeno, and rightnodeno.  Try this
>> patch to see if it gets around it.  (This is a tad better anyway
>> since it avoids examining the right child if not needed.)
>>
> Brillant!
> You made my day, can't wait for this patch to be committed.

I find it pretty scary to work around compiler bugs like this. Who knows
what other code it miscompiles. Can you reduce fsm_search_avail into a
small stand-alone test program, and file a bug report with the compiler
vendor?

BTW, why does this work on warthog buildfarm member? Different compiler
version?