Re: parallel restore vs. windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: parallel restore vs. windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Andrew Chernow wrote:

> Looks like the ArchiveHandle variable 'AH' and the TocEntry
> 'next_work_item' are not being deep copied at line 315 of your patch,
> where you prepare the RestoreArgs struct for the thread.  Every thread
> is accessing and possibly updating the members of these structs that
> need to be deep copied.

Each thread deals with a different TocEntry, which no other thread deals
with, so there should be no need to clone it, I believe.

Parts of AH need deep cloning, notably the formatData member, which is
done in _ReopenArchive().

I am aware that there are some minor memory leaks, which I will remedy.

cheers

andrew