Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> How would a user recognise which of these are legal operator names?
>
> Incidentally -- EDB selling Oracle compatibility may put me in a questionable
> position here -- the more Oracle incompatibilities in stock Postgres the
> better for us. But afaik we don't emulate => anyways so that hardly matters.
> If anything it shows how unimportant it is to worry about being compatible on
> this front.

I don't search compatibility - just searching any good syntax. And
Oracle used wide used syntax - from Ada, Perl. - It isn't Oracle
patent or Oracle design. And named params hasn't big sense without
default params. So now is time for speaking about it.

look on ADA http://archive.adaic.com/standards/83rat/html/ratl-08-03.html

PL/pgSQL < PL/SQL < ADA so using '=>' is only consistent and natural.
And it is my goal.

Regards
Pavel Stehule