Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Matt Magoffin
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> I suspect this may be it...  Apparently, while you're only using about
> 2G, you've got 10G or so of outstanding commitments, and Linux is
> refusing to allocate more.
>
> You probably want to up your overcommit_ratio, esp. in light of the fact
> that you've only got 2G of swap on this box.  I'd probably say up it to
> 80, which would give you 14.8G of commitable memory, leaving some room
> in-memory (1.2G) for cache/buffers and whatnot.  Alternativly, you could
> go for 90, which would allow commits up to 16.4G, so if everyone used
> all their memory, you'd be into swap.

Also, by adjusting this, would I possibly just be delaying the problem we
currently have (i.e. over time, we start to run out of memory)? I just
wonder why the system is reaching this limit at all... do you feel it is
quite normal for a system with this memory configuration to be configured
with the ratio set to 80? I'm not terribly familiar with these VM
parameters, so I apologize if I sound vague.

Regards,
Matt

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5