Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Matt Magoffin (postgresql.org@msqr.us) wrote:
> Also, by adjusting this, would I possibly just be delaying the problem we
> currently have (i.e. over time, we start to run out of memory)? I just
> wonder why the system is reaching this limit at all... do you feel it is
> quite normal for a system with this memory configuration to be configured
> with the ratio set to 80? I'm not terribly familiar with these VM
> parameters, so I apologize if I sound vague.

In terms of 'normal', I tend to build my systems with equal swap and
memory, and then leave the overcommit ratio at the default.  Still, I
think the best thing is to just keep tabs on how much memory has been
committed, how much is actually being used, how much swap you're using,
and what your commit limit is.  You can then fine-tune things as needed.

    Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5