Re: pg_upgrade error regarding hstore operator

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade error regarding hstore operator
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Feld, Michael (IMS)" <FeldM@imsweb.com> writes:
> Thanks for the assist Tom. That worked for us. Noticing a different
> issue following the pg_upgrade. If we take a pg_dump of a database on
> this upgraded instance with the hstore extension and try to pg_restore
> it back up to the same instance we get the following errors

Those are the *only* errors you get?  That seems rather odd.  I could
believe something like this happening if, say, you had an "unpackaged"
(that is, pre-extensions) version of hstore lying about.  But then
you'd probably get conflicts on all the hstore-related objects, not
only the opclasses.

In any case, by far the most likely explanation is that you're trying to
restore into a non-empty database, probably because you've put stuff into
template1 and are cloning the new database from there.