Re: maintenance memory vs autovac

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: maintenance memory vs autovac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:
> Seems it would make more sense to just divide maintenance_work_mem by
> the number of workers for autovacuum.

While that would be a solution for some cases, it is far from certain
that's what you'd actually want.

> This sounds familiar. Didn't we already decide to do this once?

Could be my google-fu is off today...

> One concern I have about this is people asking "how come when I
> runvacuum manually it takes x minutes but when autovacuum runs it it
> tale 5x minutes?"

As long as the default is the same, people would get at least an initial
clue that it might have something to do with them changing a
configuration parameter...

//Magnus