Re: Vacuum Problems

От Rafael Martinez
Тема Re: Vacuum Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rafael Domiciano wrote:

Hei

> I need some help or just some hints. I am having problems with vacuum
> full in one table only: "clifatura".
> That table has today around 7 million rows.

How big is the database?

> I scheduled on the server a cron job to run VACUUM FULL every day at 23
> P.M, but on the following day, at 8 A.M. vacuum is yet working on
> "clifatura"; so I have to kill vacuum.

Do you have any locks in this table/database that prevent the vacuum to
be started?

Why do you use VACUUM FULL everyday? This will lock your database until
it finish. I can count with one hand the times we had to run vacuum full
in our systems in the last 6 years.

Use a normal vacuum analyze if 'autovacuum' is not enough for you.

--
 Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
 University of Oslo, Norway

 PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/