freebsd & postgresql 7.1.3

От Yuri A. Kabaenkov
Тема freebsd & postgresql 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

      Please can anyone tell me with what options must i start
      postmaster to handle many connections on subj.

      May be i need to recompile my kernel, if yes what options should
      i add?

      And how my RAM depends on this values ?

      I develop software on mod_perl,pgsql,Apache::DBI
      and Apache::DBI opens new connection per any apache child.

      and in my error log these errors:

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend  died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am       going to terminate your database system connection and
exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

DBI->connect(dbname=hell;port=5432;host=localhost) failed: Sorry, too many clients already at helltoplib.pm line 41
[Sat Nov 24 14:03:19 2001] [error] Sorry, too many clients already at helltoplib.pm line 41.

How can if fix it ?

With respect,