Re: freebsd & postgresql 7.1.3

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: freebsd & postgresql 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25 Nov 2001 at 07:24 (+0300), Yuri A. Kabaenkov wrote:
| Hello,
|
|       Please can anyone tell me with what options must i start
|       postmaster to handle many connections on subj.

in your postgresql.conf, set:

max_connections = NN

|       May be i need to recompile my kernel, if yes what options should
|       i add?

most likely.  The kernel parameters you are interested in are:

options SEMMNI=AA
options SEMMNS=BB

...now, the values for SEMMNI and SEMMNS to support NN connections,
I'm not /sure/ of, but for NN==64 I set the following in my kernel

options SEMMNI=32
options SEMMNS=128

There may be other kernel parameters to help you get better performance,
so you might want to dig around the freebsd handbook a bit ;-)

hth.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman