Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:

>     I would try it if I would know that it could handle the load... Do
> you have some info about this? Any pointers about the configuration
> issues?
>
>     Ciprian.

Apart from the configure options at build time you should read -
http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html

It was a few versions ago so may be changed by now, but I reckon it
was the temp_store setting - which is described as temp tables and
indexes but is (or was) also used for large query and sorting needs.
Setting this to memory did make a difference for some queries.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz