Re: SQL query

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: SQL query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22/11/2008 16:07, Michael Thorsen wrote:
> For the most part yes. The price and value were "real" columns,
> otherwise the rest of it is the same. On a small data set I seem to get

That's almost certainly the problem, so - rounding errors are causing
the equality test in the join to fail. You should use NUMERIC for those
floating-point values.

Have a look at what the docs say on REAL and family:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-numeric.html#DATATYPE-FLOAT

Ray.

PS - please don't top-post, as it makes the thread difficult to follow.

rod@iol.ie