Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>> Its because we eliminated the -patches mailing list.
>>

> Yeah, I think this is most probably explained by repeat postings
> of successive versions of large patches.  Still, Ron might be on to
> something.  I had not considered message lengths in my previous
> numbers ...

Message size, but also the sophistication of new patches makes them
harder to keep up with and that there are more people writing code which
takes time to review and keep up with.  These probably explain why you
and Bruce feel the increase more than the rest of us.