Systems view which gives creation date for a table?

От Mary Anderson
Тема Systems view which gives creation date for a table?
Дата
Re: Systems view which gives creation date for a table?  ("Michael Swierczek" <mike.swierczek@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

    I would like to be able to query some systems table or view to
obtain the creation data of a table.  INFORMATION_SCHEMA does not seem
to record this information.  Does postgres store it somewhere?

    I need this for a PHP/postgres application which creates temporary
tables which should be cleaned up when my application finishes.  But
sometimes they aren't., so I have to write code to find these tables and
drop them.  There is a better solution -- to use CREATE TEMPORARY
TABLE.  But to do this I would have to use PHP persistent data base
connections which, unlike the ordinary connections which my application
currently uses, drop and recreate connections when I move from one page
to another.
Changing means a significant code rewrite.  I could, of course, encode
the creation date into the name of the table.

   But I would like to know how to find the creation date of a table.

   Thanks in advance

Mary Anderson