Re: debuging postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: debuging postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>> ./configure --enable-debug

> Is this enough? I'm seeing that with --enable-debug only the
> option -g is passed to the compiler and the option -O2 is
> still there, is it not better compile with -O0 if you are
> going to debug it?

If you want to single-step through the code a lot, then -O0 is good.
But are you really gonna do that so much?  I do most of my tracing
at the level of function calls.

I tend to use -O1 as a compromise setting --- the code isn't totally
scrambled but it doesn't run like a dog either.  (Also, for development
purposes, -O0 is evil because it disables certain useful warnings in
gcc.)

Сообщение: Re: 8.0 beta 1 on linux-mipsel R5900
Сообщение: Re: 8.0 beta 1 on linux-mipsel R5900