Re: debuging postgres

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: debuging postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:>>>Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:>>>>>./configure --enable-debug>>>>Is
thisenough? I'm seeing that with --enable-debug only the>>option -g is passed to the compiler and the option -O2
is>>stillthere, is it not better compile with -O0 if you are>>going to debug it?>>> If you want to single-step through
thecode a lot, then -O0 is good.> But are you really gonna do that so much?  I do most of my tracing> at the level of
functioncalls.

Of course not, but given that I don't know nothing I guess at the
beginning in order to see what is going on and understand how the code
work I need to "inspect" some variables some times.
> I tend to use -O1 as a compromise setting --- the code isn't totally> scrambled but it doesn't run like a dog either.
(Also, for development> purposes, -O0 is evil because it disables certain useful warnings in> gcc.)

Thank you for the advice.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

От: Darcy Buskermolen
Сообщение: Effective Cache Size
От: Pavel Stěhule
Сообщение: Add TODO, plpgsql exception, others, variables sqlcode and sqlerrm