Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) writes:
> Ideally, the locks should be in /var/lock/pgsql and the socket
> somewhere else - like /var/lib/pgsql (our mysql packages do this, and
> both of them are specified in /etc/my.cnf).

That is not "ideal", in fact it would break one of the specific features
that UUNET asked us for.  Namely, to be able to have noninterfering
sets of socket files in different explicitly-specified directories.
If the lock files don't live where the sockets do, then this doesn't work.

> Explictly, yes. However, FHS says /tmp is for temporary files. Also,
> it says programs shouldn't count on data to be stored there between
> invocations. 10+ days isn't temporary...

We aren't counting on data to be stored in /tmp "between invocations".
The socket and lock file live only as long as the postmaster runs.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone