Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> I have another question of Peter, Tom, Bruce, or anyone -- is the
> hard-coded socket location in libpq?  If so, wouldn't a dynamically
> loaded libpq.so bring this location in for _any_ precompiled, not
> statically-linked, client?  Or am I missing something else?

As the 7.1 code presently stands, libpq contains a compiled-in default
socketfile location, which the client code hopefully doesn't know about.
So, yes, if an old client has a dynamically linked libpq.so then
replacing the .so would bring that client into sync with a nonstandard
server.  However, the pitfalls should be obvious: independently built
clients, statically linked libraries, differing .so version numbers
to name three risk areas.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone