Re: Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby
Дата
Ответ на Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 18:33 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>

>> postgres=# \l
>>                                      List of databases
>>    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding  | Collation | Ctype |          Access
>> Privileges
>> -----------+----------+-----------+-----------+-------+-------------------------------------
>>  bench     | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>>  postgres  | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>>  template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>> {=c/postgres,postgres=CTc/postgres}
>>  template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>> {=c/postgres,postgres=CTc/postgres}
>> (4 rows)
>>
>> postgres=# \c bench
>> FATAL:  database "bench" does not exist
>> Previous connection kept
>>

> CREATE DATABASE didn't trigger the db flat file update, code for which
> existed and was triggered in the cases when a transaction would normally
> rebuild the flat files. Simple fix, but stupid oversight.
>
> Spotted another problem which is that BuildFlatFile may not be built
> consistently if a rebuild is triggered prior to us reaching the recovery
> consistency point. This is fixed by forcing a rebuild of the flat files
> when we hit the recovery point.
>
> Both one line changes, but I'll go looking for other issues there.

Patching with v5d lets me access the newly created database, another one
down!

Cheers

Mark

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby v5 patch assertion failure
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reducing some DDL Locks to ShareLock