Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby
Дата
Ответ на Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Ответы Re: Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Re: Hot standby v5 patch - Databases created post backup remain inaccessible + replica SIGSEGV when coming out of standby  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 18:33 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> postgres=# \l
>                                      List of databases
>    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding  | Collation | Ctype |          Access
> Privileges
> -----------+----------+-----------+-----------+-------+-------------------------------------
>  bench     | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>  postgres  | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
>  template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
> {=c/postgres,postgres=CTc/postgres}
>  template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII | C         | C     |
> {=c/postgres,postgres=CTc/postgres}
> (4 rows)
>
> postgres=# \c bench
> FATAL:  database "bench" does not exist
> Previous connection kept

CREATE DATABASE didn't trigger the db flat file update, code for which
existed and was triggered in the cases when a transaction would normally
rebuild the flat files. Simple fix, but stupid oversight.

Spotted another problem which is that BuildFlatFile may not be built
consistently if a rebuild is triggered prior to us reaching the recovery
consistency point. This is fixed by forcing a rebuild of the flat files
when we hit the recovery point.

Both one line changes, but I'll go looking for other issues there.