Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Дата
Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> The trouble is that older servers will (by default) report
>>> an error on that line and keep right on chugging.
>
>> Not necessarily.  Couldn't we put
>
>>   select * from (select substring(version() from '[0-9\.]+') as version) as a
>>   join (select generate_series(0,100000000000)) as b on(version<'8.4');
>>   set intervalstyle = something;
>
> [ shrug... ]  It's still just one easily missable bleat.

Not here.

On my system it hangs forever on 8.3 or less and proceeds
harmlessly with 8.4.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle