Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
>>> select * from (select substring(version() from '[0-9\.]+') as version) as a
>>> join (select generate_series(0,100000000000)) as b on(version<'8.4');
>>> set intervalstyle = something;
>>
>> [ shrug... ]  It's still just one easily missable bleat.

> Not here.

> On my system it hangs forever on 8.3 or less and proceeds
> harmlessly with 8.4.

Oh, I see what you're trying to do.  The answer is no.  We're not going
to totally destroy back-portability of dumps, especially not for a
problem that won't even affect most people (negative intervals are
hardly common).

Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle