Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> *pg_dump had better force Postgres mode*.  We can certainly do that with
>> a couple more lines added to the patch, but it's a bit troublesome that
>> we are boxed into using a nonstandard dump-data format until forever.

Ok.  I see that is the concern..

Rather than forcing Postgres mode; couldn't it put a
"set intervalstyle = [whatever the current interval style is]"
in the dump file?

That doesn't force us to using a nonstandard dump-data format (except
for the nonstandard "set intervalstyle" line).

Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle