Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Дата
Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> Rather than forcing Postgres mode; couldn't it put a
> "set intervalstyle = [whatever the current interval style is]"
> in the dump file?

This would work for loading into a PG >= 8.4 server, and fail miserably
for loading into pre-8.4 servers.  Even though we don't guarantee
backwards compatibility of dump files, I'm loath to adopt a solution
that will successfully load wrong data into an older server.

Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Сообщение: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle