Re: Patch for ALTER DATABASE WITH TABLESPACE

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Patch for ALTER DATABASE WITH TABLESPACE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle a écrit :
> --On Donnerstag, November 06, 2008 11:35:54 +0100 Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>
>> Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>>> v4 patch attached.
>>>

>> v5 patch attached.
>>

> Thanks Guillaume.
>
> Maybe this is nit-picking, but i see that you have to rmdir() an
> existing empty tablespace directory to use copydir() afterwards. Maybe
> we can teach copydir() to error out when trying to mkdir() an existing
> directory only when forced by the caller? I see copydir() used at four
> places, so the impact of this change would be minimal.

I don't think this is nit-picking. I think about it too myself when I
did v4 and v5. I wasn't so sure, I prefered not to change this function
because it's used on important parts of the code (createdb and redo wal).

Anyway, I did what you asked. v6 is attached.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org