Re: postgresql and Mac OS X

От Tom Allison
Тема Re: postgresql and Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net> writes:
>> I tried getting a source install on my mac book yesterday and today.
>> It's not a normal *nix installation.  The location of the files are all
>> non-standard.
>> 'make' is prefixed by /Developer/usr/bin/.
>
> The question is *why* the location is nonstandard.  Other people's Macs
> are not set up that way (mine seems to have these files in the expected
> place, for example).
>
>> I added /Developer/usr/bin to PATH and tried ./configure.
>
> That would help configure find the stuff in /Developer/usr/bin, but
> it does nothing for files that ought to be in /usr/lib, /usr/include,
> etc.  I am not sure whether adding these to the configure command
> would be sufficient:
>
> --with-includes=/Developer/usr/include --with-libraries=/Developer/usr/lib
>
> On the whole the best thing would be to toss /Developer and reinstall
> your devtools in the standard places.  The nonstandard location is going
> to bite you for every package you work with, not only Postgres.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I have installed xcode311_2517_developerdvd that I added after I
installed the Leopard OS.  This was an upgrade from Tiger but that puked
so I installed Leopard from scratch.

I will try installing this package again.
(note: Unix Tools is checked)

Running just ./configure....

I got past that part...

And finished the configure.

So, the answer seems to be that I did not install the Unix Tools portion
of the XCode tools.  Which naturally is so very obvious for installation
of anything used to unix installations...  I did strictly the default
installation.

Sorry to run everyone through these loops.  But now we all know
something new about Mac OSX