Re: postgresql and Mac OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql and Mac OS X
Дата
Re: postgresql and Mac OS X  (Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net>)
Re: postgresql and Mac OS X  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net> writes:
> I tried getting a source install on my mac book yesterday and today.
> It's not a normal *nix installation.  The location of the files are all
> non-standard.
> 'make' is prefixed by /Developer/usr/bin/.

The question is *why* the location is nonstandard.  Other people's Macs
are not set up that way (mine seems to have these files in the expected
place, for example).

> I added /Developer/usr/bin to PATH and tried ./configure.

That would help configure find the stuff in /Developer/usr/bin, but
it does nothing for files that ought to be in /usr/lib, /usr/include,
etc.  I am not sure whether adding these to the configure command
would be sufficient:

--with-includes=/Developer/usr/include --with-libraries=/Developer/usr/lib

On the whole the best thing would be to toss /Developer and reinstall
your devtools in the standard places.  The nonstandard location is going
to bite you for every package you work with, not only Postgres.