Re: SQL/MED compatible connection manager

От Martin Pihlak
Тема Re: SQL/MED compatible connection manager
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Here is an updated patch. I'm also submitting this to November Commitfest -
I believe it is possible to get this into shape for 8.4. This is still a WIP
but I really need a review before moving on with the syntax, pg_dump support
etc.

Currently the system catalogs and user accessible connection lookup function
have been implemented. Ships with 2 FOREIGN DATA WRAPPERS -- dummy and pgsql.
It is possible to define connections by inserting directly into the catalogs:

insert into pg_catalog.pg_foreign_server
    select 'foo', 2200, 10, oid, null,
            '{host=/tmp,port=6543,dbname=foo}'::text[]
    from     pg_foreign_data_wrapper
    where     fdwname='default';

insert into pg_catalog.pg_foreign_user_mapping
    select    10, oid, '{user=bob,password=secret}'::text[]
    from     pg_foreign_server
    where     srvname='foo' ;

select * from pg_get_remote_connection_info('foo');

  option  | value
 host     | /tmp
 port     | 6543
 dbname   | foo