Re: 'invalid command \N' during restore from pg_dump

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: 'invalid command \N' during restore from pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

kevin kempter wrote:

> I'm trying to run a restore from a pg_dump and I get loads of these:
>
> invalid command \N
>

> I see lots of \N char's in the data for some of the tables (NULL's ?)

Are you using pgAdmin's SQL-editor for restoring by any chance? It
throws errors - especially if the \N (NULL) is at the beginning of the
line. Use psql for restoring or try with activating the option to use
INSERT instead of COPY commands for creating dumps with pg_dump.

Peter