Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>>> "Tory M Blue" <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:

> tell me if i should plan upgrades to 8.3.4..

It's a good idea.  It should be painless -- drop in and restart.

> After Reindex
> My Indexes
> 1.5G    /data/clsindex
>
> After 2 weeks
> My indexes
> 6.8G    /data/clsindex
>
> This is 2 weeks. and throughout those  2 weeks I can see performance
> degrading. In fact I just bumped the memory footprint of my server
> 32gigs from 8gigs

Make sure that effective_cache_size reflects this.

> This is a transactional DB with over 800K updates happening each
day.
> tons of updates and deletes. autovac is on and I do a analyze each
> night after the dump

Make sure that you run as VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE and look at the last
few lines; you might need to increase your free space manager
allocations.

-Kevin