Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?

От Tory M Blue
Тема Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Дата
Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

>> tell me if i should plan upgrades to 8.3.4..
>
> It's a good idea.  It should be painless -- drop in and restart.

> Make sure that effective_cache_size reflects this.

Thanks Kevin

DETAIL:  A total of 501440 page slots are in use (including overhead).
501440 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  1087500 page slots, 430 relations, using 6401 kB.
VACUUM

that looks fine

And effective_cache, ya I didn't change that as I wanted to see how
the results were with just adding memory and in all honesty it was
night and day without changing that param, what will modifying that
param accomplish?

effective_cache_size = 7GB  (so no not changed and our performance is
50x better with just the memory upgrade) BTW running Linux..
shared_buffers = 600MB (have 300 connections specified)

Thanks
Tory

Сообщение: Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Сообщение: Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?