Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Hmm.  Now that you mention it, didn't we solve a similar problem by
>> exploiting the behavior where CreateProcess creates a process but
>> doesn't start it running?  I'm envisioning
>>
>>     * Create child process in suspended state
>>     * Assign it ownership of a lock (can we do that?)
>>     * Set it running
>>

> Not sure, but the SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES argument to CreateFile has a
> bInheritHandle member that specifies whether a child process can inherit
> the fiel HANDLE.  I'm not sure if that would include locks on the file
> HANDLE.

hmmm.  Doesn't seem like that would work, or that it makes sense.  I'm
guessing the bInheritHandle just makes the same handle available in the
child process w/o having to reopen it (never used this feature).  Locked
regions are probably still owned by the parent.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC