Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm.  Now that you mention it, didn't we solve a similar problem by
> exploiting the behavior where CreateProcess creates a process but
> doesn't start it running?  I'm envisioning
>
>     * Create child process in suspended state
>     * Assign it ownership of a lock (can we do that?)
>     * Set it running

Not sure, but the SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES argument to CreateFile has a
bInheritHandle member that specifies whether a child process can inherit
the fiel HANDLE.  I'm not sure if that would include locks on the file
HANDLE.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED