Re: Shouldn't pg_settings.enumvals be array of text?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Shouldn't pg_settings.enumvals be array of text?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Currently, pg_settings.enumvals presents a list of strings formatted in
> an ad-hoc manner.  Shouldn't we be presenting this as text[], so that
> clients don't need special-purpose code to break it apart?
>
> Another possible argument is that the values ought to be separated by
> newlines instead of ", ", which would still be a special-purpose format
> but it would probably look better in modern psql versions.  At least it
> wouldn't be contributing to the problem of the view's output being
> ridiculously wide.
>
> Comments?

Agreed, it can certainly be bettered. text[] seems to be the cleanest,
but then we still have the issue with wide output in psql, no? But
should we really design the view around the single use-case of psql? You
can still just omit that column from the SELECT if you want...

//Magnus