Re: logging

От IJS/System - Joko
Тема Re: logging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yes, remove the comment character.

And further more, find my email post with subject "log_statement at postgres.conf"

Regards,
Joko [IT/EDP]
PT. Indra Jaya Swastika
Phone: +62 31 7481388  Ext 201
http://www.ijs.co.id

Marc Fromm wrote:

We would like to log sql activity from our web pages that use postgresql databases.

I read the documentation for 8.1 at postgresql.org. The postgresql.conf file under the -Where to log- section has

#log_destination = 'stderr'

Is stderr the default or do I need to remove the comment symbol to actually start logging to stderr?

Are there recommended settings for all the different items in where to log, when to log, and what to log?

Our goal is to capture errors like when someone claims to have submitted data, yet it is not in the database, and the record count skips an increment—5360 then 5362, missing 5361.

Thanks

Marc

--
If you have any problem with our services ,
please contact us at 70468146 or e-mail: helpdesk@ijs.co.id