Re: What process clears the logs?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: What process clears the logs?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Carol Walter wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As you may be aware, we experienced a problem last week with pg_clogs
> that had been deleted, through human error it appears.  What process
> will clear or delete the pg_clogs?  I've been all over the
> documentation and I'm not finding a reference to this.

PostgreSQL takes care of this itself. I don't know where it is
documented but IIRC from old messages, the number of files in pg_xlog
should level out at about two-times your checkpoint_settings value.

I'd have to do some digging as I don't recall for sure, but I think that
if you are using archive_command setting to archive WAL files  the
archive command does not return "success", then the WAL file will not be
removed/reused.

Cheers,
Steve

От: "Plugge, Joe R."
Сообщение: Re: turning of pg_xlog
От: Carol Walter
Сообщение: Re: What process clears the logs?