Re: Finding some bug statistics..

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>>> Do we have any published bug statistics?  I'm looking for some
>>> numbers such as the ones found here:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.mysql.com/tide.php
>>>
>>> In particular, I'd like to find on a monthly basis, the number of
>>> bugs opened, and closed - preferably since some time in 2002.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated....
>>
>> The closest I think you would get is the changelogs, which generally
>> will discuss bugs that are found and fixed. Unfortunately it will be
>> tough to know which bugs were found on the basis of development versus
>> user reports.
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
> So there's no central "bug database" that tracks such issues?  These
> kinds of statistics would likely be very useful in supporting statements
> that speak to the maturity of PostgreSQL as a project, one metric of
> which is the find/fix rate...

We don't have a bug tracker, thus there is nothing to gather statistics
from. We have a web form that is really just a sequence in a database
that generates a bug id, and then remails the whole form to pgsql-bugs.

For discussions of why we don't have one, see about a billion mails in
the archives over the past 10 years or so :-(

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..