Re: starting postgres on red hat

От John
Тема Re: starting postgres on red hat
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Oh yeah, please note that the proper way to start and stop services on
> RH oses is via the service command:
>
> service postgresql start
> service postgresql initdb
>
> etc...

Scott,

How does the above compare with using postmaster to start PostgreSQL?

I tried in the past to use the "service postgresql start" command, but
couldn't connect from a java application.  I gave up and have been using
a script that uses postmaster to append a "-i" to the command line to
allow TCP/IP connections from a Java app.

Can that be configured in postgresql.conf?

Thanks,
John