Proposed HTML Documentation Styles

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Дата
Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-docs
Hi,

As part of the effort to modernize the look and feel of PostgreSQL.org
and associated web projects, Sarah & I have worked on applying the new
styles to the documentation. The main goals of the project were:

- To have the documentation styles match that of the main website
- To make the documentation easier to view on mobile devices
- To set up the web-based documentation for future usability changes and
improvements

Other than reversing how the versions are display at the top of the
website, we did not change any of the documentation structure and do not
intend to as part of this version of the project.

We have created a prototype of the new styles that can be viewed here,
with the credentials below:

    http://174.138.60.30/docs/
    pgdocs / newstyles

When browsing through this site, please note:

- All interactions are confined to the "/docs" folder
- Not all of the docs are loaded and they are not all the latest
versions - this is just for beta testing purposes
- Search in the prototype does not work

We are looking for feedback in the following areas:

- Things that may have degraded the user experience, e.g. things that
are difficult to read
- Visual bugs and errors

Our goal is to launch these changes with the upcoming major release, so
we appreciate your diligence in providing helpful feedback so we can
provide the best possible experience.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения