Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> On a related note, it would also be *really* nice if we kept stats on
> how many sorts or hashes had spilled to disk, perhaps along with how
> much had spilled. Right now the only way to monitor that in a
> production system is to setup a cron job to watch pgsql_tmp, which is
> far from elegant.

No, you can turn on trace_sort and track it from watching the log.
If pgfouine hasn't got something for that already, I'd be surprised.