Re: anole - test case sha2 fails on all branches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: anole - test case sha2 fails on all branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Given that anole is the only one reporting this, I'm not sure that we
> should immediately blame Postgres itself.  I have a vague recollection
> that we've seen this symptom before and traced it to a bug in some
> supporting library.  Is anole using any particularly out-of-date versions
> of openssl, kerberos, etc?

A bit of digging in the archives suggests that my hindbrain remembered this:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/4F5A8404.8020708@dunslane.net

The specifics probably don't apply to anole, but the conclusion that
inconsistent openssl header and library files triggered the bug might.

Maybe it'd be worth trying to see if we could detect such inconsistencies
during configure?