Problems with pg_dump and -t wildcards

От Bill Thoen
Тема Problems with pg_dump and -t wildcards
Дата
Re: Problems with pg_dump and -t wildcards  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm having some problems with pg_dump and the -t switch. I can't get it
to work using wildcards nor with multiple -t switches. I'm using
PostgreSQL 8.1.5 and trying to dump just a table and its associated
sequence.

As shown below, the table il_sections and the sequence
il_sections_gid_seq both exist in the database spatial1. But neither
pg_dump -Fc -t 'il_sections*' spatial1 > il_plss.dump
nor
pg_dump -Fc -t il_sections -t il_sections_gid_seq spatial1 > il_plss.dump
will work. The former generates the error listed below while the latter
just creates a tiny file with nothing but a couple of comments in it.

Anyone know what's wrong?
- Bill Thoen

Here's what I get:
$ psql -dspatial1
spatial1=# \d
                  List of relations
 Schema |         Name          |   Type   |  Owner
--------+-----------------------+----------+----------
 public | US_States_ogc_fid_seq | sequence | bthoen
 public | counties              | table    | bthoen
 public | counties_gid_seq      | sequence | bthoen
 public | geometry_columns      | table    | postgres
 public | il_sections           | table    | bthoen
 public | il_sections_gid_seq   | sequence | bthoen
 public | spatial_ref_sys       | table    | postgres
 public | states                | table    | bthoen
(8 rows)

spatial1=# \q
$ pg_dump -Fc -t 'il_section*' spatial1 > il_plss.dump
pg_dump: specified table "il_section*" does not exist