Re: Postgres 8.3.3 & MSVC2005 (full edition)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Postgres 8.3.3 & MSVC2005 (full edition)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
el dorado wrote:

> Have I forget some important option? Or I can't use the FULL version for compilation at all - only express edition?

They use the same compiler, and will produce compatible object code, so
the full or express editions will be fine.

> By the way - there is a directory 'D:\pgsql83\include\server\port\win32_msvc'. But I can't use it instead of
'D:\pgsql83\include\server\port\win32'(should I ?) - there is an error due to lack of file 'netdb.h' and some others in
thisdirectory.

That probably won't work well. IIRC it is necessary to put the
win32_msvc directory first in the header search path, followed by the
win32 directory.

 From memory I had to create a dummy header for libintl as well - it's
not really needed for basic plugins, but is required for compilation of
the Pg headers. That dummy header should be floating around in the
mailing list archives.

There were very similar issues discussed some months ago, so I strongly
recommend that you search the archives.

On a side note, personally I think the `port/win32' subdir should be
renamed to `port/win32_mingw' and any truly shared files should be put
in `port/win32' ... but that's just me.

--
Craig Ringer

От: "Hoover, Jeffrey"
Сообщение: Re: How to remove duplicate lines but save one of the lines?
От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon