Re: More Autovacuum questions

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: More Autovacuum questions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Matthew T. O'Connor escribió:
>
>> As Alvaro already said this is a case where autovacuum still isn't
>> great.
>>

> While I have your attention ;-) do you have any ideas on how to improve
> this?  I don't see anything that looks like a solution for this case.

No good ideas, but a few random thoughts.
1) Can we make vacuum not block analyze?  That way we can continue to
analyze a table while it's being vacuumed.
1b) If not, can we make auto-analyze bump auto-vacuum?
2) Maintenance windows.  They wouldn't solve this problem, but they
might mitigate it some.