Re: case dumbiness in return from functions

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: case dumbiness in return from functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 18, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Tom Lane ha scritto:
>> The SQL standard specifies that unquoted identifiers are case-
>> insensitive.
                                    ^^^^^^^^

>> You're welcome to spell them as camelCase in your source code if you
>> feel like it, but don't expect that PG, or any other SQL-compliant
>> database, will pay attention.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

> yet I find disturbing that Postgres doesn't make the effort
> to respect the case specified by the user. If I created a field
> called "REF" why should Postgres call it "ref" in the output of
> queries
> if the standard doesn't specify any obligation to convert the name ?

If you want to use case sensitive identifiers, then quote them! It's
not that hard. In your example above you're doing just that, so your
statement does not even apply ;)

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,47909a669491882451502!

Сообщение: Re: case dumbiness in return from functions
Сообщение: Re: case dumbiness in return from functions