Re: How to Sponsor a Feature

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: How to Sponsor a Feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I forgot to post the fact that I'd put up a
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_feature>, per my
> TODO from the developers' meeting in Ottawa.  Sorry about that.
>
> Anyhow, Jignesh has come up with a proposal template
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ProposalTemplate> that could use a
> once-over, too.
>
> Comments?  Questions?  Brickbats?

Who is the intended audience for this? Many potential sponsors will
surely have no idea what CVS tip or context-style diffs are.

If we want to help people to sponsor features, then I think we need to
deal with subjects like finding someone to undertake the development,
the sponsor's relationship with the developer, methods and times of
payment, etc. as well as expected interaction with the community on the
part of both the sponsor and the developer.

cheers

andrew