Re: 1.8.4 bug DB Restriction field

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: 1.8.4 bug DB Restriction field
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave Page a écrit :

>>> Just remove the NOT?
>>>
>> I can do this. But, for example, if someone was using this filter field to
>> get out template databases, removing the NOT won't fix this.
>
> Hmm, good point. The original intent behind the feature was for
> teaching environments in which there may be one database for each
> student, so the students could limit their list to just their own
> database without seeing all their schoolmates as well. I think that's
> probably the most important case to fix (which removing the NOT should
> do), as those people will likely have *lot's* of clutter otherwise.

I propose doing this for next 1.8 release as a bug fix...

> Alternatively, you could make the NOT optional with a checkbox.

... and this as new feature in the dev release. Or I can add a new tab,
as suggested by Zach Conrad.

Comments?

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: multithreading
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: 1.8.4 bug DB Restriction field