Re: 1.8.4 bug DB Restriction field

От Dave Page
Тема Re: 1.8.4 bug DB Restriction field
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Hmm, good point. The original intent behind the feature was for
>> teaching environments in which there may be one database for each
>> student, so the students could limit their list to just their own
>> database without seeing all their schoolmates as well. I think that's
>> probably the most important case to fix (which removing the NOT should
>> do), as those people will likely have *lot's* of clutter otherwise.
>>

> I propose doing this for next 1.8 release as a bug fix...

By all means commit the change, but my suspicion is that there won't
be another 1.8 release. I don't think we've ever done a .5...

>> Alternatively, you could make the NOT optional with a checkbox.
>>

> ... and this as new feature in the dev release. Or I can add a new tab, as
> suggested by Zach Conrad.
>
> Comments?

I think the checkbox would suffice. I don't think this is a widely
used feature that requires significant effort.

--
Dave Page