Re: error handling unique key constraint in pgsql

От Dinesh
Тема Re: error handling unique key constraint in pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a built in exception in pl/pgsql ( similar to oracle's
|DUP_VAL_ON_INDEX ) that I can use?

I ran into an unique situation a couple of days ago. Procedure that
inserts a new value into unique index column was called at the same
time. I even check if the value exist before inserting, but one of the
instance of the function gave me an unique constraint violation error.

My code looks like this:

select into var * from table;

if not found then
 insert into table
 values (a);
end if;

I would imagine the postgres db would inherently handle situation like
this, but it did not.

Thanks.

Dinesh

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: what happend to my database
От: "Alex Hunsaker"
Сообщение: Re: error handling unique key constraint in pgsql