pgAdmin 1.8.x hangs while tries to load XRC resources

От Antonello Biancalana
Тема pgAdmin 1.8.x hangs while tries to load XRC resources
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I have a problem in getting pgAdmin3 working since the 1.8.x series.
I usually build pgAdmin from source (however also the binary releases
give me the same problem) and whenever I try to run pgAdmin it shows the
splash screen and then it always hangs. After having traced the exact
point of hanging, I noticed it always hangs at file
pgadmin/ui/xrcDialogs.cpp line 13760 (1.8.4 version) at the point of the
first wxXmlResource::Get()->Load call.
I also tried to disable EMBED_XRC define and to copy all the XRC files
to [uiPath] with no success. I am currently using wxGTK 2.8.7 and all
the other requirements (in particular libxml2, ver. 2.6.32) seem to be
right. By the way: I am using Linux (Fedora 9). No problem if I use
pgAdmin 1.6.3: it complies and runs smoothly and with no problem. I am
having this problem since the release of pgAdmin 1.8.0
Do you have any idea of what the problem can be?

Thank you for your support and help.

Best regards.

Antonello

Bug report information:

pgAdmin ver 1.8.4
configure with no options
OS: Fedora 9, Linux 2.6.25.4
wxWidgets: wxGTK 2.8.7, configure --with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode
postgreSQL ver 8.3.1, configure with no options

--

Antonello Biancalana
ProMIND software development - Perugia (ITALY)

PGP key ID: D40B3BC3
PGP key fp: AC62 7264 4233 5ADD 5ADA  D4D3 9B35 6051 D40B 3BC3